The Ultimate Guide to Working Out When You’re Busy (And Still Get Results)
Having a busy schedule and trying to fit in exercise can be a struggle. Many people face personal or work related blocks when trying to find time to work out. But the good news is, it is possible to fit a workout into even the busiest of schedules.
Why is it important to work out when you're busy?
Even if you're short on time, it's important to make time for exercise. Exercise has many benefits for both your physical and mental health.
Physical benefits of exercise:
- Weight loss or maintenance
- Increased muscle strength and endurance
- Improved cardiovascular health
- Reduced risk of chronic diseases such as heart disease, stroke, type 2 diabetes, and some types of cancer
- Improved bone health
- Improved balance and coordination
- Reduced stress levels
Mental benefits of exercise:
- Improved mood
- Increased energy levels
- Improved sleep quality
- Reduced anxiety and depression
- Improved cognitive function
How to work out when you're busy:
- Make exercise a priority.Schedule it into your day just like any other important appointment. Block off time for your workout in your calendar and treat it as sacred.
- For example, you could wake up early before work to work out, or take a fitness class during your lunch break.
- There are many online resources that can help you find workouts that fit your needs and preferences.
- For example, you could do 10 minutes of cardio in the morning, 10 minutes of strength training at lunch, and 10 minutes of yoga in the evening.
- You can also find workout buddies online or through fitness apps.
Quick and effective workouts:
Here are some quick and effective workouts that can be done at home or on the go:
- 10-minute HIIT workout: This workout is a great way to get a full-body workout in a short amount of time. It involves alternating between short bursts of high-intensity exercise and periods of rest.
- You can find many HIIT workouts online or through fitness apps.
- Bodyweight circuit: This workout uses your own body weight as resistance. It's a great way to build strength and muscle without any equipment.
- There are many bodyweight circuit workouts available online or through fitness apps.
- Yoga: Yoga is a great way to improve flexibility, strength, and balance. It can also be a great way to relax and de-stress.
- There are many yoga videos available online or through fitness apps.
- Pilates: Pilates is a low-impact workout that focuses on core strength and flexibility. It's a great way to improve your posture and reduce back pain.
- There are many Pilates videos available online or through fitness apps.
- Walking: Walking is a great way to get some exercise and fresh air. It's also a low-impact activity that's easy on your joints.
No matter how busy you are, there is always time for exercise. By following these tips, you can fit a workout into your busy schedule and improve your physical and mental health.